The shock detachment of volunteers, formed on May 19, 1917 on the proposal of the General Staff of Captain Nezhentsev to the commander of the 8th Army of the Southwestern Front, General Kornilov, to counter the collapse of the front, was named the 1st Shock Detachment of the 8th Army. When the numbers of soldiers of the detachment increased to a substantial size, on June 10, 1917, the detachment received the patronage of General Kornilov and the Battle Banner. The Kornilovites borrowed the symbolism of the banner from the Imperial Cavalry - a named after the blessed prince Alexander Nevsky. We can also notice on the banner the image of the “Adam's head” - a skull with crossbones, which at all times has been a symbol of self-sacrifice and readiness to give life for the homeland. In June 1917, the detachment was formed of two battalions of a thousand bayonets in each, three machine gun teams with a total of 600 people, teams of foot scouts from former Czech prisoners of war and hundreds of horse scouts - Don Cossacks of the hundreds of the 38th Don Cossack Regiment. The drummers showed themselves brilliantly during the baptism of fire of the detachment on June 26, 1917, breaking through the Austrian positions near the village of Jamszycy. Already on August 11, 1917, by order of Kornilov, the detachment was reorganized into the Kornilov shock regiment. The form of the regiment included the letter “K” on shoulder straps and a sleeve insignia with the inscription “Kornilovites”. At that moment, taking command of the entire Russian army, General Kornilov decided to enlarge the shock units, forming "shock regiments." Kornilovsky Shock Detachment became the first shock regiment of the Russian army. With the outbreak of the Civil War, the regiment became part of the Volunteer Army. The Kornilovites fought for the first time in the Taganrogdirection, holding back the Sievers "army" coming from the north. In the Volunteer Army, the form of the Kornilovites changed slightly: officers most often wore a black tunic with a white edging, officer harem pants - black, such as a breeches, with a white edging. The cap of ordinary and non-commissioned officers - drummers also changed: now they often wore visors in black and red with the usual soldier cockade instead of a skull. With the combination of red and black has long been the hallmark of the Alexandria 5th Hussar Regiment, Camping uniforms are the same as those of the drummers, who continued to wear black and red epaulettes with the letter “K”. Many officers and drummers in the years 1918-1920 continued to wear a striking red-black corner on the right sleeve. In addition, due to the chronic lack of uniforms, the Kornilovites often wore a protective uniform, but with the corresponding emblems. During the assault on Yekaterinodar, the regiment carried out its tasks, but suffered huge losses.
Scale: 1/32 (54 mm)
Materials: tin alloy, steel, tempera and acrylic paint